Feedwheel Push Tensioners work like a regular feedwheel tensioner by using a ratcheting action for unlimited slack take up. Steel Strapping must be cut to length then wrapped around the load. Strapping threads through a push seal and is folded behind the seal so it is secure on the strapping. The opposite end of the strapping threads through the seal also. When handles of the tool are pushed together, feedwheel is lifted so that strapping can be inserted. Adjust the nose of the pusher tensioner tool against the seal and tighten the strap.
1. Pull strapping off cart and wrap around the load.
2. Push seal on the strap with the flat side facing up.
3. Slide the end of the strap through the seal and underneath the other side of the strap.
4. Bend the end of the strap back to keep seal in place.
5. Squeeze down the tension handle of the EP-1620 against the base and put the top strap against the inside edge of the slot under the nose of the tool.
6. Release the handle to lock the strap in place.
7. Tighten the strap by raising and lowering the tension handle.
8. Use the appropiate Heavy Duty Sealer to seal the pusher seal in place.
9. Tilt the nose of the tool all the way forward and rock backward several times in order to break the top strap.
* The EP-1620 is recommended for use with only 5/8" x .023 through 1 1/4" x .035 gauge steel.
* Do not over tension the strap. Breakage may occur, possibly resulting in severe injury or death.
* Keep fingers away from area that can pinch or cut.
* Unsafe use of the EP-1620 could result in blindness, amputation, laceration, or death.
*For Round or Irregular Package Loads
*For Strap Widths 5/8" - 1.25"
*For Strap Gauges .023 - .044
*Made in the U.S.A.